Bachelor's to Master's Scholars Program
Our accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Scholars Program (formerly known as "2+1") offers qualified students the unique opportunity to finish a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in just three years, saving significant amounts of time and tuition funds.
Bachelor's to Master's Scholars may take up to three graduate, 500-level classes during their senior year. Not only will the classes count toward the 120 credits needed to earn a bachelor’s degree, but they will also give the graduating student a nine-credit head start on a Master of Science in Management or Master of Arts in Human Resource Management, and a significant tuition discount. Application form is here.
Prospective candidates must be enrolled in classes full-time with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, and earn a “B” or better in graduate level courses taken at MSPS.
Undergraduate admissions requirements for the program include:
· MSPS application and application fee
· Official university and high school/GED transcripts
· 60+ college credits. Candidates with fewer credits may still eligible for admission to MSPS and are encouraged to apply. **Admission to Bachelor's to Master's Scholars Program may be deferred until 60+ credits are earned.**
· Statement about intention to continue on to master’s and relation to educational/career goals
· Letter of recommendation – professional or academic
Once admitted to MSPS, scholars must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to take graduate level courses:
· Complete, with C- or better, the following courses or equivalents:
o MHU151 Rhetoric and Composition
o MHU152 Composition and Research
o MIS 105 Microcomputer Applications I
· Complete 90 undergraduate credits
· Possess a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
· Complete at least one full term (carrying a minimum of 6 credits) at CUA