Join us for a tailgate party before the Nov. 12 football game
Come join the students, fellow alumni, staff, and faculty of the Metropolitan School of Professional Studies for a tailgate before CUA's last home game of the season against Bridgewater College of Virginia on Saturday November 12. MSPS will provide some snacks and soft drinks. Feel free to bring your own meat and other beverages (no glass!).
The Event begins at 11 am at the Dufour Athletic Center just north of campus and runs until kickoff.
Students and faculty should RSVP using nest.cua.edu. Alumni and friends can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some rules and policies that should be taken into account when attending. See you there!
General Tailgating Policies
- Tailgating is only allowed in designated student tailgate area in the west of the parking lot.
- Vehicle access to the tailgating area will be available to only vehicles that have pre-registered.
- All CUA students, Faculty and Staff MUST PRESENT A CUA ID upon entering the tailgate area by car or on foot. All other guests must present a valid photo ID.
- Tailgate area will be open for all pre-registered vehicles & all non-vehicular traffic two hours prior to game time.
- All tailgating must conclude 15 minutes prior to game time. Tailgaters will not be permitted to remain in the tailgate area.
- Tailgating will not be permitted after the game.
- Tailgating should take place directly behind your vehicle and cannot impede on the traffic flow within the lot. Tailgating without a vehicle should take place within the parking space area.
- Active sports (i.e Frisbee or football throwing) are allowed as long as the activity does not endanger anyone around them.
- Drinking games (i.e beer pong, quarters, flip cup, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
- We kindly ask that you clean up your tailgating area and recommend that you secure your tailgating area before and during the game to protect your belongings. CUA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Bathrooms are available in the Dufour Center.
- Cars may be left in the Dufour center overnight.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and picnic items into the tailgate area.
- Grills are permitted, but they must be elevated. Open flames, including fire pits, are prohibited.
- We ask that you extinguish charcoal fires with water before leaving them unattended. Please remove extinguished charcoal from campus for disposal and do not dump charcoal on the ground or in the dumpsters.
- All Washington, DC and University policies are in effect during tailgating. Consistent with these guideline, it is prohibited for a person under the age of 21 years to purchase, possess, consume, transport, or store alcoholic beverages.
- It is prohibited for any person or group to purchase or give alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 years of age.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Driving or attempting to drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or impaired by alcohol is prohibited by DC law.
- Common containers, such as beer kegs and party balls, are prohibited in tailgate areas. Excessive quantities of alcohol will be subject to removal or confiscation.
- GLASS BOTTLES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN THE TAILGATE LOT.
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind are not permitted outside of the tailgating area.
- Those violating any law or policy are subject to removal from the tailgating area, legal penalties, and/or University judicial action.